« I met this morning ... | Main | Amsterdam »

-- 17 December, 2004 --

Gossamer wings

dragonfly.JPG

I have walked along the same path through the park almost every morning for two weeks now and there always seems to be something that I haven’t noticed before. This morning I saw a birds nest that had fallen out of a tree and, along the cycle path, I saw a patch of Scottish thistle that I have walked within arms length of every time without seeing. I stopped at my favourite spot on the creek to take a photograph to carry with me on our holiday to the UK, and elsewhere two lizards sunning themselves on a log.

I want to try drawing from memory to sharpen my observation skills so I watched this dragonfly flitting over the tadpole pool. Some days the light is such that you can’t see their wings but today they were just visible.

Posted by robynls at December 17, 2004 8:09 AM

Comments

Robyn, when are you going to the UK? I'm green with envy! We may go in the Spring, but we may not... medical bills may preclude it. I love your dragonfly, would love that stenciled on a sweatshirt!

Happy Christmas!

Posted by: Bex at December 17, 2004 10:59 PM

Robyn - I love the dragonfly sketch. It would be beautiful as a postcard or greeting card.

Posted by: Robin at December 22, 2004 2:58 AM

I saw your post on Purple Ink about how you'd made your drawings public so I thought I'd stop by and visit. I love the dragonfly. As someone else pointed out, it would make a beautiful greeting card. Very nice work. I'll be adding you to my favorites to visit from time to time. Interesting to see, too, that you have listed several of the same favorite blogs that I also already visit.

Posted by: John at December 24, 2004 1:24 AM

Thank you, it was the least I could do, glad to help.
I just love dragonflys :D

Posted by: Gail Kroon at June 4, 2007 4:40 PM

i collect dragonfly art and nicknacks and I would love to frame that picture for my house!!!

Posted by: tonya at February 6, 2008 9:13 AM