« 1300 Year Chedi | Main | Theme Thursday - Devotion »

-- 09 April, 2005 --

EDM Challenge 10 - Hands

edm10.jpg
"and it is HANDS...
your hands, your significant other's hands, your kid's hands, your dog's paws...something wildly related..."

This is the challenge that has been issued by Kelley, the Challenge Mistress on the Everyday Matters group. This is enough to make me break out in a cold sweat!

I quite enjoy doing portraits. Some days I am OK at them and others days I'm not ... but hands ... no way! On the nights that we have a live model in our drawing class I either avoid the hands altogether or stick some sort of squiggly thing on the ends of the arms.

So here it is - my left hand.

Posted by robynls at April 9, 2005 2:11 PM

Comments

I don't think I could do that good. Not even if I used a younger model for it.

Hands fascinate me and at one time I had a web page with lots of different digital pictures of people's hands. Maybe I should put the project back up.

Posted by: Bonnie at April 10, 2005 2:16 AM

You did a great job with this hand drawing! They are hard to do -- you should be proud!

Posted by: Linda at April 10, 2005 1:10 PM

Good job. Especially after my struggles, I appreciate yours. You even have fingernails! :) I think I must draw someone else's hand next time, so I don't have to worry about how monstrous it looks.

Posted by: Nancy at April 11, 2005 3:03 PM

Nice job, Robyn! The joints and proportions are hard for me. I'm still working on mine. *sigh*

Posted by: kymberlee at April 13, 2005 2:46 AM

"This is enough to make me break out in a cold sweat!" --- hee hee, i literally gasped when i saw Kelley's message that the next challenge would be to draw hands.

I was scared sh--less hahaha. But I'm glad everyone just went for it and look what we have now, nice hands all over the place!

Great job, Robyn! =) And thanks for your visit to my blog ;-)

Posted by: ian at April 13, 2005 2:56 AM

Robyn... as usual... a nice job. But, oh my gosh, I'm so happy to hear that someone who's serious enough to be taking art classes avoids doing the hands too. I guess that doesn't help us learn, though... but why must experience be such a harsh teacher? Patsy

Posted by: patsyterrell [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 13, 2005 4:01 AM

Hands are so hard to do and after many attempts I don't think I enjoy drawing them. But you have to practice and try again. And I think this one came out pretty darn good.

Posted by: janey at April 13, 2005 11:42 AM

Nice job! Hands are really difficult and you've captured the essence of this one very nicely.

Posted by: Jim at April 13, 2005 1:20 PM