« Illustration Friday 'Nourishment' Challenge | Main | Magnetic Poetry - Artist set »

-- 17 May, 2005 --

Blue bottle

Blue Bottle Back to the tubes of oil paint ... maybe I have bitten off more than I can chew. I hate feeling out of control!

I had tried to blame the brushes. After all, I didn't spend a lot of money on them, thinking that I might not enjoy oils and would have wasted my money.

Perhaps the subject that I have chosen was too hard for a newcomer. I had it in mind that I wanted to paint glass like Duane Keiser. Dear me! Who am I kidding!

I think that I will go back to fruit. Moving outside one comfort zone at a time is the best that I can manage.

Posted by robynls at May 17, 2005 8:23 PM

Comments

I think this is a really good start! I don't think this Duane Keiser guy learned to paint the way he does without going through some discouraging moments either, and would bet that even now he does some things that he's just "not happy with." Glass is really hard to do, too, but rewarding when you get it (I can only imagine) and you've done a nice job!

Posted by: Linda at May 17, 2005 9:41 PM

Linda is correct I think. I like your colors though and I can sort of 'relate' to the problem of getting something as you hoped.

Posted by: Bonnie at May 18, 2005 1:13 AM

I know just how you feel!Each summer I go to all the galleries on Cape Cod and drool over the paintings and go home and attempt to produce the same. What a joke! We all have to start slow and keep on doing it. Your painting is quite nice and shows lots of sign of talents!

Posted by: Loretta at May 18, 2005 8:57 AM

You are very kind and generous with your comments. I was so focused on the cursed paint that I didn't realise, until I saw it on the computer screen that the neck of the bottle is off centre. This is particulary embaroussing as I was busy handing out advice on drawing cylindrical objects this week to someone else who regularly reads my blog. Oh, well - back to the drawing board - literally!

Posted by: Robyn [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 18, 2005 12:32 PM

I really like the use of complementary colors - it makes the bottle almost glow

Posted by: Karen Winters at May 19, 2005 5:37 AM

I really, really like that. I'd be proud to have painted it!

Posted by: Erin at May 25, 2005 2:16 AM

I love your bottle - very vibrant colors, and an elegant kind of glow.

Posted by: Micah Condon at September 17, 2005 1:11 PM