« A lantern for light | Main | EMD Challenge 34 - Autumn Leaves »

The Eye of the Poet
4B graphite stick on watercolour paper
  • Windows of the soul
  • Windows to disease
  • The eyes have it
  • Sacred eyes

I have watched the eyes of The Poet for the last 2 months as a barometer of the days. Focused - unfocused. Yellowed - clear. Today has been a very good day. Perhaps we can now see the way ahead and things are looking up.

Posted by robynls at October 2, 2005 6:58 PM

Comments

Very best wishes for you and the Poet. I hope that all the days ahead bring you more smiles and less worry.

Posted by: Karen Winters at October 2, 2005 7:48 PM

It's a beautiful eye. Hope things work out for you both.

Posted by: Nancy at October 2, 2005 10:17 PM

Again, give the Poet my best wishes, I hope the barometer points to fine weather ahead. Thoughts are with you both.

Posted by: Detlef at October 2, 2005 10:45 PM

You have certainly accomplished the look of pain in those eyes. I hope things will look better soon.

Posted by: Teri at October 3, 2005 3:15 AM

You have achieved a realistic redition of a eyes that obviously don't "feel good." My hope and prayers are with you and the Poet for the days ahead.

Posted by: bmgarner at October 3, 2005 7:53 AM

You've captured such intensity in this drawing. It is a very interesting look at the eye ... there is something about a forward looking intense gaze, but this view hints at hidden depths as well. I really like it. Well done. :o)

Posted by: Terri at October 3, 2005 10:03 AM

To be ill, seriously ill, is so draining on the body and the soul. The only thing worse is to watch someone else, especially a loved one, go through it. I hope that you both have brighter days ahead now. Everyday DOES matter, just as Danny Gregory and our group knows. I wish you the best.

Posted by: Nancy Grim at October 3, 2005 1:41 PM

Beautifully done! I hope things continue to look up for the two of you! :-)

Posted by: Linda at October 3, 2005 9:59 PM

So sorry to hear about your vigil! Hope the POet is well soon. Keep drawing! its probably helping you. I hope it is anyway.

Posted by: lindsay at October 4, 2005 12:49 AM

Hello Robyn - I do so hope things are indeed looking up for you both.

Best wishes

Michael

Posted by: Michael Nobbs [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 4, 2005 5:43 AM

Yes eyes are the window to the soul. I can remember at the courthouse looking dead into the eyes of those charged with an offense against children. They rarely could return my gaze.

I do hope the poet's eyes get a sparkle. :-)

Posted by: Bonnie at October 5, 2005 5:31 AM