« The Art Class - Part 2 | Main | Jazz at The Smugglers »

-- 23 February, 2006 --

EDM Challenge 55 - Door Knob

emd55.jpg

It's nice to be able to find some time in the day and in my head to do more sketching. I had forgotten how relaxing that a few minutes with a pencil can actually be. I have allowed so many of the EMD Challenges to pass me by when I could have been using them as a relief from the stresses of the last 6 months! - Silly me!

Our Challenge Mistress asked for door knobs this week and the one on our staffroom door just called to me - 'Draw me! draw me!'. Our staffroom has been created out of what used to be two offices so that now 6 of us share a space that was once occupied by 2 people. The door that sports this knob is no longer used. These knobs have been there for 50 years so they are well worn from the grip of many hands.

The sketch was done using a Pentel clutch pencil with 0.7mm 2B lead on plain white notebook paper. I found this notebook in Bay Swiss about a year ago. The front half has lined note paper and the back half is unlined. It has an elastic strap like a Moleskine but was a great deal cheaper.

Posted by robynls at February 23, 2006 11:35 AM

Comments

Love the doorknob drawing! I feel kind of bad about this -- I maybe shouldn't have done it, becuase I just realized that your time is tight, but I tagged you from my blog. Sorry -- feel free to pass up. :-)

Posted by: Linda at February 23, 2006 12:46 PM

It is so nice to have you back! Great doorknob. Isn't it interesting how doorknobs can be so interesting?

Posted by: TeriC at February 24, 2006 12:25 AM

Now add a keyhole to that and the imagination can just run wild. :-)

Posted by: Bonnie at February 25, 2006 5:58 AM

Have you been reading C.S.Lewis lately, Bonnie? I think that your imagination is going for a run, too :-)

Posted by: Robyn at February 25, 2006 9:09 AM

A great sketch and tells me why I always want to do. Not very good but I keep at it. You are such an inspiration! I know I've said that before. However, I find myself taking up my crayons and just drawing. The other day I drew a palm tree with a person leaning back on the tree. It was fairly good for one who's not had lessons. Because of you I keep trying.

Posted by: mz. em at March 1, 2006 3:28 AM