« Blind contour novice | Main | Regular mocha »

-- 23 March, 2006 --

EDM Challenge #59 - Signs of Spring

At last ... Autumn
At last ... Autumn
Originally uploaded by Robynls.
Watercolour pencil on Moleskine

Posted by robynls at March 23, 2006 11:47 AM

Comments

Lovely, Robyn. And I can just feel your relief. Our summers here sometimes seem to last into November ... I mean May.

We should come up with an all purpose word to describe these multi-hemispheric equinoxes ... sprautumn, maybe? Thank you for being such a good sport about it all.

Posted by: Karen Winters at March 23, 2006 12:13 PM

Here we are supposed to be in Spring. Today may have been 50 degrees. Summer I am in air conditioning.

Posted by: Bonnie at March 23, 2006 1:25 PM

Great journaling! It still amazes me to know when we are experiencing spring in the northern hemisphere, the southern hemisphere is experiencing fall. Guess the challenge should have been change of seasons! You did a good job!

Posted by: Sioux at March 23, 2006 1:47 PM

Great piece Robyn! Cruel though, after I toold you how hard we're finding the long cold winter of 2005/2006 here in the UK! Nice journal work, great leaf. A good read.

Posted by: Blue at March 23, 2006 4:39 PM

Yes, your journalling is lovely. I'll put a picture of my menopause quilt on my blog for your amusement. I want to do a drawing of the cockatoos that are evrywhere eating the acorns at this time of the year. I call them 'fat plumpies'.
Alison in cooler Canberra http://scribblesadagio.blogspot.com

Posted by: alison in canberra at March 23, 2006 5:00 PM

Wonderful writing and art Robyn, I heartily agree with everything you say, it is all true.

Posted by: clare at March 24, 2006 1:18 AM

Lovely work Robyn, that's very nice indeed. We're still waiting for Spring to get going here!

Posted by: brightside [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 24, 2006 1:51 AM

Great page, and I understand what you're talking about! :-)
I like Karen't idea of the word "sprautumn", too. Hmmm...

Posted by: Linda at March 24, 2006 11:06 AM

Hope humidity in the form or raid kills the threat of wildfires for the season.

Your work is lovely.

Posted by: Denver doug at March 24, 2006 2:44 PM

Urgh - - - - of rain

Posted by: Denver doug at March 24, 2006 2:45 PM

I agree with you Robyn - I always look forward to the end of summer for similar reasons. Love the new look blog!

Posted by: Terri at March 25, 2006 2:19 PM

Your new format looks great. I always like to see pictures of the whole notebook (I don't always do it because I've made a mess, but your layouts look so nice). I enjoyed reading about autumn as our hellish hot season is setting in.

Posted by: Nancy at March 25, 2006 2:58 PM

Enjoyed your blog and especially some of your notes about being reluctant to draw in public. :-)

Posted by: Willie [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 3, 2006 11:24 PM