« Multi moves life drawing | Main | Cafe latte (& EDM Challenge 69) »

-- 24 May, 2006 --

Mothers' Day present

Mothers' Day present
Originally uploaded by Robynls.
With new Moleskines it is best not to think too much about it ... just do it.

The new watercolour version is really nice to use. The paper takes the watercolour very nicely. The paint does not pool on the surface and flows well on a wash. Although it is a cool evening, the paper dried quickly. Some people have been complaining about buckling but it isn't any worse than any other watercolour sketchbook that I have used. I think that the elastic strap will hold the covers together firmly enough to smooth out what buckling there was.

My reference is a sweet bear that Number Two Son bought for me for Mothers' Day this year. She is the newest member of my sleuth of bears and very cute. I am sure that she qualifies for the EDM Challenge #67 'Draw something Mum'.

Posted by robynls at May 24, 2006 11:00 PM

Comments

A sweet and fitting tribute. What a great way to break in the new ms. I purchased one Monday and have been telling myself I won't paint in it until I finish my current one but I think I'm just scared!!

Posted by: melissa w at May 24, 2006 11:28 PM

ADORABLE!! And so well done!

Posted by: Lin at May 24, 2006 11:36 PM

Precious gift. I have a couple bears, but have more bunnies.

Posted by: Bonnie at May 25, 2006 1:15 AM

Nicely done -you've made it look soft and cuddly. What a sweet gift!

Posted by: Nancy at May 25, 2006 1:59 AM

Great job! Thanks for the review, too!
:-)

Posted by: Linda at May 25, 2006 9:01 AM

Very well drawn - looks like she could be carried straight off to bed

Posted by: alison at May 25, 2006 9:24 AM

Never written a comment before, but a couple of weeks ago I was looking for some info on Pen and Ink drawing and your dragon fly came up. What a lovely surprise, I have largely been a Lino and Wood block printer but have gone stale and have taken myself back to basics (sketching with pen and ink plus watercolour) all because i saw your lovely dragon fly. Even went and got the pen (the expensive one) Was on sale in a set so was quite happy... I have now had time to discover your site a bit more and am delighted!

Posted by: meg bowyer at May 25, 2006 3:02 PM

hi robyn, it is a sweet gift and you have drawn it beautifully.

Posted by: clare at May 25, 2006 5:38 PM

Looks great Robyn. It's also good to hear good feedback on the watercolour Moleskine. I think yours is the first positive I've actually heard about them. Here in Coffs we can't buy even ordinary Moleskines, but I am coming down for a weekend in Sydney at the start of June and would love to get a watercolour one to try. Where do you suggest I look? Thank you in advance!

Posted by: Jan at May 26, 2006 3:07 PM