« It's a cat's life | Main | EDM Challenge #70 »

-- 04 June, 2006 --

Coffee Smoothie

Coffee Smoothie
Originally uploaded by Robynls.
A week or so ago, I wrote about my breakfast treat. Today I managed to hold off long enough from drinking it so that I could sketch in my new Moleskine watercolour book.

I have fallen into the habit of getting up around 9 on Sunday morning, getting breakfast for The Poet and then rushing off to the shopping centre. My excuse is that I need to go early so that I can score a parking space close to the supermarket, which is true. I do have an ulterior motive, though.

There is a lovely little coffee shop at the centre called The Loft Cafe. When The Poet was in hospital I would take myself there for breakfast before doing the shopping, then going to visit his mum and then going off to spend the afternoon with him. His mum is gone now and he is home but I still love to treat myself before doing the weekly groceries.

My favourite breakfast is a toasted slice of raspberry and pear bread, a large glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and a mug of cafe mocha. The last time I took The Poet to The Loft he had a coffee smoothie. Since then I have replaced the hot coffee with the smoothie and today it became a subject for my Moleskine art. I wonder if it qualifies for Meal Mole.

Posted by robynls at June 4, 2006 4:18 PM

Comments

Raspberry and pear bread? I wonder how one would go about making that. Sounds divine!

Posted by: Bex at June 4, 2006 11:10 PM

I think it is similar to banana bread ... more like a loaf style cake than bread ... but yummy when cut thick, toasted and spread with butter.

Posted by: Robyn [TypeKey Profile Page] at June 4, 2006 11:24 PM

Reading about the bread has made my mouth water. Never had such but it sounds delicious!

Posted by: Bonnie at June 5, 2006 4:37 AM

sounds delicious - I love going out for breakfast too.

Posted by: Anastasia at June 5, 2006 3:08 PM

oooo...I love your smoothy. Our coffeehouse isn't open on Sunday, so we have to forego the pleasure on the weekend. That bread sounds so yummy!!

Posted by: Sioux at June 6, 2006 1:19 AM

Congratulations on your appearance in Moleskinerie! It seems to have a special liking for EDMers. Your smoothie looks tempting and so does your description of breakfast - raspberry and pear bread - wow!

Posted by: Nancy at June 6, 2006 9:58 PM

Good morning Robyn! Enjoyed your post via Moleskinerie as I was sipping my morning coffee. I immediatley went in search of some raspberry pear bread, but, alas, was sorely disappointed.

Also loved browsing the rest of your blog. Nice meeting you!

Posted by: Becca at June 6, 2006 11:05 PM

Congratulations Robyn on your spot on Moleskinerie! Well deserved, and your whole piece looks great! Well done.

Posted by: Jan at June 6, 2006 11:10 PM

I came on the internet to search for a recipe for pear and raspberry bread after enjoying it every saturday morning with my sister when we go for our breakfast ritual at - you guessed it- The Loft Cafe!
For those who haven't tried it- you haven't lived until you've tried it!
I might see you there soon robyn!

Posted by: caroline at July 7, 2006 10:48 PM

I think I have found the recipe for you:

I just had coffee with a girlfriend and had the pear and raspberry bread--it is superb

Posted by: Catherine at February 10, 2009 9:45 AM