« Peace postcard | Main | Favourite Song ATC Swap »

-- 31 August, 2006 --

Colours of Australia ATCs

Colours of Australia ATC 1 Colours of Australia ATC 2 Colours of Australia ATC 3

More ATCs for Swap-bot.

The trend with ATCs seems to be to cover them with lots of 'stuff'. Some people are very good at 'stuff' and can make it look very artistic. When I look at some of these, I think "Why can't I do that?", but I'm not good at 'stuff'. I like simplicity - although my family would not say that in relation to our house which is very full of 'stuff'.

My favourite haiku teacher likes to remind her students that 'They are such little poems'. They should be stripped of anything that is not necessary to the image. I tend to feel the same way about ATCs. They are such little pictures and so should be devoid of extraneous material that is not important to the story.

This was my inspiration for this set of cards. I hope that it has worked.

Posted by robynls at August 31, 2006 10:36 AM

Comments

Love the one on the left! Also love the words of your Haiku teacher. Makes me wish I had a haiku teacher...we all need teachers...and simplicity...myself more than some...

Posted by: Blue at August 31, 2006 7:59 PM

The words of your teacher should apply to my stuff. I must get over fascination with insulators!

Posted by: bb at August 31, 2006 10:43 PM

Hi there! I found my way here via Kala's place. Lovely, interesting blog you've got - these Colours of Australia cards are great! I'm a big fan of another Australian artist & he uses the same vibrant tones, conveys the same sense of life & movement - must be something in the air? Very nice work.
Best, Neasa

Posted by: Neasa at September 1, 2006 3:55 PM

I have to say I like your "stuff." I like the simplicity of these cards.

Posted by: mz. em at September 4, 2006 10:50 AM

Wow! I really like these--the simplicity, the design and the colors! I'm not too familiar with ATCs but they seem like a great way to explore design and different themes on a small scale. This was really fun to see. Thanks for the comment on my blog that led me here. It's a fun feast for the eyes.

Posted by: Jana Bouc at September 5, 2006 5:06 PM