« Orange bowl | Main | No Evil ATC »

-- 06 September, 2006 --

Sent Materials ATC

Sent Materials ATC
Originally uploaded by ** Robyn **.

This was a fabulous swap!

Get together a package of 'stuff' according to a list ... add whatever you fancy ... mark one of the bits as a mandatory item ... put it all in a parcel and send it off to a swap partner. The partner has to put together an ATC using only the materials in the package, including the mandatory item, put it in an envelope and send it back.

All sounds quite simple, really ... if you don't take into account how long it takes various postal services across the world to get their acts into gear! Then, of course, you get a partner who sends a thin metal star as the mandatory item. I am new to this, my girl! How on earth am I going to get that star to stick to the card?

It took me a while, but I finally worked it out. No prizes for the ATC aficionado who figures out how I did it.

I really enjoyed this swap. I hope that the coordinator does another one like this.

Posted by robynls at September 6, 2006 6:44 PM

Comments

You do appreciate a challenge don't you. :-) Hot glue hold the star?

Posted by: bb at September 6, 2006 11:54 PM

Hi Robyn,
I came across this link today and thought of you.
Toss it if it isn't of interest.
You are on a roll with these ATC's.
Having fun for sure!

Posted by: Robin N at September 7, 2006 1:58 AM

I belong to that star. I cheated and peeked in to see if you had posted a picture. I love it - can't wait to get my hands on it.

I hope it was not too difficult a challenge.

I would love to arrange another private swap if your interested.

Posted by: teresa at September 7, 2006 3:20 AM

Oh! Teresa! What a naughty girl! That's like open your Christmas pressies before Christmas! I will have to remember not to leave them under the tree the next time I swap with you :=)

Thanks for the link, Robin. It needs serious investigation.

Nup! Not a hot glue gun, Bonnie. Guess again.

Posted by: Robyn [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 7, 2006 7:35 AM

Superglue? No nails? Love that no nails stuff...you can stick anything with it...and no they have it in tape form!

You're the star of this one Robyn!

PS: Still loving and admiring my atc of the waves you sent...awesome...and now I've remembered, must send one out to you!

Posted by: Blue . [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 7, 2006 6:12 PM

Not Superglue or No Nails either ;-)

I'm so glad that my little scribble is giving you some pleasure.

Posted by: Robyn [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 7, 2006 6:34 PM

Aarghhhhh! and now you've pm'd me the answer, I can't play anymore!

Posted by: Blue . [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 8, 2006 12:34 AM