« Blog about blogs | Main | Sydney Sketchcrawl »

-- 10 March, 2007 --

Dorian Gray?

Dorian Grey?
Originally uploaded by ** Robyn **.

This was supposed to be a portrait of my Number Two Son. Our exercise for this week's art class was to draw each other. Trouble was, we both had to do it at the same time. Every time I looked up to get more ideas, he looked down to add to his work.

I really wanted this to be a good picture of my boy but I have made him look as if he is in the grip of a bad case of the flu, at the very least. Strangely enough, now it is Saturday - 5 days later - and the poor kid is in bed with a nasty case of the flu. Spooky!

I have drawn him before and did a MUCH better job. He did sit still that time so that could be saying something about my concentration span. If you would like to see the difference then you need to flip over to this entry. What do you think?

lchou.jpg

Posted by robynls at March 10, 2007 3:02 PM

Comments

Very spooky, indeed, Robyn. A face can fortell events, and illnesses? After looking at my puss in the mirror this morning, I'd better get out the medicines for next week!

Posted by: Bex at March 10, 2007 9:39 PM

Hi Robyn - what a strange coincidence! Now you've got me scared because the portrait I'm working on of my daughter is terrible - hope I'm not willing some strange sort of elephantitis on her!

Posted by: Casey at March 10, 2007 11:12 PM

That poor kid... lol Now where is his drawing of you?

Posted by: bb at March 11, 2007 10:36 AM

Okay -- that IS spooky! Now, next trick is to draw him smiling and healthy with a million dollar check in his hand ..
:-D

Posted by: Linda at March 11, 2007 11:57 AM

Hahah, no, draw ME with a million dollar check in my mouth! ;)

Posted by: laserone at March 11, 2007 5:11 PM

Crikey! If I thought that would work, I would be drawing a super thin ME with twenty years stripped away and the million dollars in my bony little paw.

Posted by: Robyn [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 11, 2007 6:35 PM

you've captured his intense artists stare :D and it looks great. I like it better than the previous one. I hope he gets better soon and I too would love to see how his portrait of you turned out.

Posted by: Ujwala at March 11, 2007 7:48 PM