« Snow clouds | Main | A new way to journal »

-- 24 July, 2007 --

Warm & Cool

Warm & Cool
Originally uploaded by ** Robyn **.

As The Poet enters his seventh week in hospital and the likelihood of him ever being able to live at home again disappears because of my inability to care for him adequately, making art seems to be of very little importance.

All I have to offer are these two drawings done over the last two weeks of Monday night art class. They are pastel pencil on velour paper and are responses to exercises in using warm and cool colours to depict the same stimulus. The photograph was taken with my new Nokia E65 phone cam and uploaded to Flickr straight from the phone, via email

Posted by robynls at July 24, 2007 9:13 AM

Comments

Oh Robin, my thoughts are with you.
Bravo for keeping up with your art in these difficult times - it's important, although that may not seem to make sense right now. My mom let everything go during my father's long illness, and it's so difficult for her to get her own life back right now.

Posted by: Casey at July 24, 2007 8:26 PM

Robyn, you have my heartfelt prayers. I wish the best for you both. Thank you for sharing this part of your life with us.

Posted by: Bex at July 24, 2007 9:04 PM

Dear Robyn, just to let you know I'm thinking of you.

Hugs from Liverpool

Posted by: Maggie at July 24, 2007 9:35 PM

Good to see you back, I've missed my 'scritches and scrabbles'(sic)and for all your professing to love the northern climes I have to say your 'warm' response has a more natural easy feel about it. Summer, beaches, bikinis,coconut oil :-)

Posted by: Gail Kroon at July 24, 2007 11:27 PM

Robyn prayers are sent your way. I'm sure this is a very hard decision to make.

Posted by: bb at July 25, 2007 1:34 AM

oh Robyn so sorry to hear that about your beloved poet ((hugs)) to you!!
Hope you're keeping well too...missed your posts!
I love the warm and cool drawings - you can really feel the difference!

Posted by: Anastasia at July 26, 2007 12:42 PM

Oh Robyn,
What a difficult time! Also the absolute essential art time. Keep drawing and keep posting.

Posted by: Susan at July 31, 2007 3:56 AM

Dear Robin,
This is a late comment to your post but my prayers are with you and yours. I love your art and I hope it can bring you some peace.

Posted by: mz. em at August 6, 2007 12:01 PM

I have never supposed a jar could be so cold. I looked at the pictures for some time and then read your post, so I'm not biased in anyway.

Posted by: web sms me again at January 26, 2011 12:13 AM