« Another card in the pile | Main | I'm getting old ... »

-- 13 September, 2007 --

Never too precious

Never too precious
Originally uploaded by ** Robyn **.

A journal as beautiful as this is an enormous responsibility. I bought it a number of years ago and then haven't had the nerve or the important topic to make any marks on the pages. Why is it that paper becomes so precious?

I don't really think that it is the paper that is so precious but rather that the thoughts and words aren't so precious

I have finally made marks on the first page and will carry it around with me until it is full. Life itself is the most precious of all

Posted by robynls at September 13, 2007 2:35 PM

Comments

Yes, Robyn, mark it up and get it going...much more precious to have a beautiful diary like that filled with words, than holding blank paper and silent...;-)

Posted by: Bex at September 13, 2007 8:56 PM

I gave my daughter a beautiful journal something like what yours. It is yet to be "christened" with marks, words. I hope she will eventually find something that moves her to take pen,pencil, etc, in hand and begin!
I am glad you got a start... begin.. elaine

Posted by: elaine at September 14, 2007 12:02 AM

I have journals from both Grandmother's and one from my mom. I wish I knew how to preserve the one that is becoming hard to read. Might it be my eyes? Perhaps the pencil and ink Grandma used.

Posted by: bonnie at September 14, 2007 1:39 PM

Hi, Robyn. How are you? Guess your spring is in full swing as our autumn is coming on nicely. I love the journal. It's beautiful. I sure understand about your reluctance to write/draw in it. But you go, girl, do it anyway!

Posted by: Sioux at September 18, 2007 9:18 AM

Beautiful journal. I'll look forward to your work in it.

Posted by: Marilyn at September 20, 2007 8:48 AM

Hey, Robyn, hope all is well!

Posted by: Sioux at September 23, 2007 12:04 PM

Oh, I know exactly how you feel - even more terrifying than white paper, a whole journal - and the more beautiful, the more frightening. Congratulations for getting it started.

Posted by: Casey at September 27, 2007 4:13 AM